Wednesday 25 April 2012

Episode 61: "Time for a Wedding"

USS Gibraltar, Captain's log, Captain RoBobby McMillan reporting.

Stardate...

No, a stardate would be meaningless right now. We've been stuck in this timebubble for way too long already. Time passes way too fast in here. For every 12 hours that pass on the Gibraltar, only 1 hour passes outside of this blasted chroniton-based bubble. As a result, two months have gone by, with the crew trying to find a way out of this. So far, nothing.

It's maddening to know that normal space and time are out there, just outside of that graviton field. No matter what we do, we can't break free. After two months of working, thinking and working some more, we're no step closer to finding a solution. It makes me wonder if we'll ever get out of here.

I know I shouldn't think this way, but I am not alone. Most of the crew feel the stress too. I can't say I blame them. One positive note though: our stowaway, Cadet Zilithandria Braveheart, seems to be handling things well. Or as well as can be expected, of course. She picked a helluva time to sneak on board.


If there was only some sort of solution to get out of here. Perhaps I should put all the facts together. We were sent out to get more information about an anomaly detected on the edge of Federation space. Heh, how happy I was back then. . . how great it felt, being out here again, not having to flee from Klingon or Federation ships. Right now though, I'm starting to wonder which is actually better: fleeing all the time, or being stuck here.

Anyway, as we approached the anomaly, a chroniton pulse suddenly shot from it, towards us. There was no way to avoid it! As it hit the shields, we didn't feel a thing. However, time immediately slowed down. And here we are. We still have no idea who did this, or why. And right now, I don't care. I just want to get out of here.

Oh, hold on, someone's ringing the doorchime. Computer, pause log.

Computer, resume log.


Something amazing has happened. Having had two months to think about it, Lt.Cmdr. Weatherwax and Lt.jg Johnson decided to get married! And, they wanted the ceremony to take place immediately. They couldn't have chosen a better time. This would improve morale on board, just when we needed it the most. I'm tempted to write down an official commendation for the two of them, just for getting married!

They wanted me to lead the ceremony, which I thought was quite an honour. Of course I accepted. Once everyone was properly dressed in dressuniforms - a welcome change of outfit, I can tell you that - the ceremony began. The couple's vows were just as they should be: sweet, lovely and wonderful. It's amazing to see the love these two officers have for each other. Whoever said holograms didn't have feelings, should have been at this wedding.



After I pronounced the two of them husband and wife, tradition required a kiss and the throwing of rice. However, that all happened rather quickly, since all of a sudden, a second, more powerful chronitonburst hit the ship. This time, we *did* feel it. I ordered everyone back to the Bridge, where, to our delight, we discovered the timebubble was gone! We were back in our normal time.

Of course, as far as Starfleet was concerned, we were only gone for about five days. It will be quite a story, we'll have to tell them. I'm afraid that's going to be one where Temporal Investigations will be interested in. Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Right now, I'm just happy to be back in this normal time.

As for what exactly happened to us, and who fired those chroniton beams... I have no idea. Perhaps, in time, we'll learn...

Computer, end log.



No comments: